‘Tis the season for updates! Easiteach Next Generation have also released an update for their software. We’ve now gone from 1.1 (released in October 2010) to 2.2 ! You should have been prompted as soon as you open the software for an update. If you haven’t a link is available here so you can manually download and install it yourself.
Here are the key new features you’ll find in Easiteach Next Gen v1.2:
- Additional language – Hungarian
- Printing – accessible from the ‘e’ menu
- Snap objects to grid – accessible from My easiteach
- Remove punctuation improvements – allow single punctuation type to be removed
- Fill tool improvements – enable fill on place value cards and word builder cards
- Soft grouping for word builder cards
- Ability to access page properties from Side panel view mode
- Show angles and dimensions (bigger, clearer), curtain reveal (darker)
- Object alignment – added “distribute objects evenly” option
- Object reflection – added “reflect to the top/bottom” option
We’ve also been given some brand new widgets to play with!
- Web browser
- Domino pairs
- Symmetry designer
- Picture painter
and some improvements to some of the existing ones:
- Ruler improvements –works directly with the scale of the page and the pen tool to allow you to draw against it
- Matching pairs – bug fixes to scoring/marking
- Graph widget – numbers now line up with marks on the axes
- Number line, Number grid and Graph widgets – you can now resize the numbers using the font size picker
I’m actually really enjoying this software develop and grow. It’s shaping up to be rather good! 🙂 I’ve been making a few videos for those of you who are getting started with Next Gen. Please feel free to check them out at your You Tube channel.