Back in April last year I wrote this post letting you know how those of you with Easiteach (the original) could have your files upgraded so that you could open them in Next Generation instead. At the time, there was some support available to have your files converted by RM in the U.K. – on the proviso that you also agreed to having your content added to the Easilearn Website.
Due some recent changes, it is currently not possible to send your files in as you might have done in the past. However, it is still possible to convert files from legacy Easiteach to Next Generation. I have been asked to give you a little update on the procedures for doing so – It involves using the common file format:
1. Firstly, please ensure that you have Easiteach 3.6 installed.
2. Open your old Easiteach files with this program.
3. Save the file in .iwb format – this is available from the ‘Save as’ window.
4. Now launch Easiteach Next Generation
5. From the “open” menu select the .iwb file that you have created. The file will open and display all compatible features.
6. Make any further changes required and save the file in .etng format.
If you have any questions please feel free to post them in the comments below and I will pass them on to our Aussie RM rep Nicola who will do her best to answer them for you 🙂